Hello Commanders and welcome to the Season 2 Beta!
First off, please note that this release is currently still in development. By taking part in the Beta, you allow us to gather important feedback on the new features and gameplay we’ve added to the game.
We plan on using this valuable feedback to continue improving and optimizing Season 2 before and after its Live Release.
Our goal with Season 2 is to provide direct tactical control of soldiers in battle and strategic use of the environment to outsmart & outplay your enemy.
– Google Play / Game Center Login now happens before the tutorial starts
– Combat Orders & Order Currency have been removed from the game
– New Tutorial!
- Experience a brand new, fast pace tutorial with new soldiers and a big surprise
- The Level-Up Timeline rewards have been changed
– Tactical Deploy
- All battlefields are now divided in two 3*3 grids, one for each team
- Before deploying into battle, take the time to define your strategy.
- Use the Tactical Deployment feature to drag yours soldiers around the battlefield, positioning them in the best formation to utilize the environment and counter the enemy.
- Soldiers deploy directly into the positions you assigned them, ready for battle!
- Grid positions make it easy to identify soldiers and their targets.
- After deployment soldiers can be moved freely in the grid.
– Cover Bonuses
- Make strategic use of Cover in the environment to gain extra boosts to your soldiers in battle.
- The bonus is maintained while the soldier is at the cover.
– Simplified targeting rules
- Soldiers fire at the closest enemy along their row before firing into other rows.
- Find the best positions to protect your damage dealers while letting your tanks take the fire.
– Command: Move
- Once the battle is under way, soldiers can be repositioned on the battlefield to any available position or cover.
- Move soldiers at the right time to avoid incoming damage or take fire and protect an ally.
- Look out for changes to soldier targeting when repositioning soldiers, you could leave an ally wide open.
- Soldiers also won’t fire or cast while moving!
- Drag from a soldier to slow down the battle and display available movement positions.
- Drag onto any available grid space and release to move the soldier to that position.
- While dragging the battle will slow right down, giving you ample time to choose your destination.
– Command: Cast
- When a Soldier’s charge bar is full, a colored bar and ability icon under their feet indicates they are ready to cast their unique and powerful abilities.
- Time them right to control the flow of battle, combine effects and lead your team to victory.
- Tap any soldier when ready to active their ability.
- Toggle the Auto Cast feature to automatically have your soldiers cast when ready.
- Soldiers generally use their abilities on their current target, so position them wisely before activating their ability for maximum impact!
– X2 Speed and Camera Options in Battle
- Besides the Auto Cast, 2 additional buttons are available on the Battle HUD: x2 Speed and Camera
- Toggle the x2 Speed feature to speed up the battle at any time.
- The Camera button allows you to switch between different points of view
– Economy Changes
- Significantly increased intel found in event and advanced orbs – Reduced gold price of ORBs
- Reduced scaling of energy refreshes (Old: 50,50,100,100,300,300,600. New: 50,50,100,100,150,150,250,250,500)
- Significantly reduced cost of raid store intel
- Added Guild and Arena tabs to the supply depot, where you can continue to buy the Arena/Guild orbs at a reduced cost, or directly buy the soldier you want
- Changed the balance of campaign events to give significantly more milestone intel but less keys (as ORB balance has changed)
- Increased Territory War assault attempts (3>5)
- Increased required level to partake in a Territory War from 20 to 22
– Soldier abilities
- Most soldier abilities have been tweaked to adapt to the new gameplay
– UI Update
- The Soldier Collection, Supply Depot, Pick Team and Battle HUD have been updated
– Beta specifics
- The “loading” message has been temporarily replaced with a red alpha warning
- All real money purchases have been disabled
- All legendary events will be live during the Beta
- Free claimable bundles of legendary keys and gold will be available every day
- You can connect to Google Play / Game Center to retrieve a copy of your Live save on the Beta server (dating from 23/02)
- The progress you make on the Beta server does not carry over to your Live save
- All progress made on the Beta server will be lost when the Beta ends
- An in-game survey is available to give us your feedback!